Fischer Animal Hospital's Coronavirus Protocol
Starting June 1, 2021, we will begin allowing limited clients into the building during their pets appointment. Please note the following requirements for entering the building.
We ask that you call our hospital once you have entered the parking lot. Our client service representative will get you checked in and ask our COVID exposure questions. Once an examination room is available, we will call you to have you enter the building. At this time, we are allowing only one client inside per appointment (exception to end of life appointments). We ask that facial coverings be worn correctly at all times, regardless of vaccination status. Once inside, you will be escorted to the examination room, where you should remain for the entirety of the appointment.
Appointments that will remain curbside at this time:
- medication pickup
- surgery drop off and pick up
- grooming drop off
- nail trim/anal gland expression only appointments
- any client that wishes to remain with curbside appointments
- any client that fails the COVID exposure questions
- any appointment that is unable to accommodate a single person in the examination room
- any appointment that is unable to accommodate our mask requirement
All examination rooms will be disinfected in between each appointment. This may delay appointment times slightly. We are happy to have our clients back into the hospital and we appreciate the kindness and understanding many have shown us. We ask our clients to continue to be supportive in this transition back to normalcy. The veterinary industry is experiencing a mass shortage in veterinarians and veterinary technicians so we may not be able to accommodate same day appointments.